Monday, April 27, 2009

The end, my friend.....

So, you can see my total weight lost above during The Biggest Loser contest at work. 19.2 lbs. in almost 3 months isn't so bad.

I've gotten really lax with my eating and that is going to stop. Today, I've done really well and I hope I can keep that up for the week. My friend told me that I needed to add the additional 30 minutes of cardio a day to really maximize my weight loss, but honestly, once I get home from the gym, another 30 minutes on a treadmill is the least of my concerns. Tonight, I got home, ate dinner, gave the boys showers, read books, put the boys to bed (the 2nd time) and talked to a possible client on the phone... its now 8:48 and I just don't FEEL like running on the treadmill. Maybe if I just keep my calorie count low this week I can lose more.

A friend was telling me about caloric intake today and how she really felt that by watching that she was losing more weight. I've been looking at calories a lot this week (instead of points) and today I read an article that said you should eat 100 calories for every 10 lbs. that you weigh. Today, I consumed around 1190 calories (I had a glass of sweet tea with dinner, so I'm not sure how many to add to that food number). That's a lot less that I should eat, so maybe that will do the trick :-)

Hopefully, cutting these calories will make a difference. I've said I wanted to lose 5 lbs. this week, hopefully I can do it!

3 comments:

  1. I have an app on my iPhone that helps you count calories and that has helped tremendously. But, seriously, I don't know how you do it - working out AND raising kids AND working a full time job. You deserve a big CONGRATULATIONS!!

    I have to work out in the morning or I will just NOT work out in the evening. It's not always that I'm tired, but I just am not motivated.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on loosing almost 20 pounds! You are doing great!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So is it the end of blogging here?

    ReplyDelete